Key Product Facts
- Bitcoin is a form of digital currency, created and held electronically. It is the first decentralized, digital currency and has the largest market cap of any digital currency.
- In 2015, Bitcoin Tracker One became the first bitcoin-based security available on a regulated exchange when it listed on NASDAQ/OMX in Stockholm.
- The certificates provide exposure to the performance of the digital currency bitcoin by synthetically tracking performance of the price of bitcoin (BTC/USD) less a fee.
- The BTC/USD market is the most liquid bitcoin market widely available for trading, we regard it as the most suitable underlying index to track in a bitcoin product.
- The certificates are non-equity linked securities traded in the same manner as any share or instrument listed on Nasdaq exchange in Stockholm.
- XBT Provider's prospectus is approved by the Swedish FSA (Finansinspektionen).
- To invest, you need an account, which is obtained through your bank, advisor or online broker.
- Bitcoin is purchased for money received through the sale of certificates which ensures that the certificates are hedged and structured to follow the price of bitcoin.The certificates are guaranteed by CoinShares (Jersey) Limited.
- The Certificate is denominated in SEK thus here will be a foreign exchange exposure between USD and the SEK which could impact (+/-) the market value and final return from the certificates.
Key Product Information
- Name Bitcoin Tracker One
- Asset Class Digital Asset
- Type Exchange Traded Product (ETP)
- Inception Date May 18, 2015
- Underlying Asset Bitcoin (BTC/USD)
- Base Currency SEK
- Leverage 1:1
- Minimum Investment 1 Security
- Annual Management Fee 2.5%
- Expiry Date Open-ended
- Domicile Sweden
- Replication Method Synthetic
- Legal Structure Certificate
- LEGAL AND TAX
- UCITS Eligible Please see footnote 1
- UK Reporting Fund Status Yes
- UK ISA Eligible Yes
- KEY SERVICE PROVIDER
- Issuer XBT Provider AB
- Issuer Auditor Öhrlings PricewaterhouseCoopers AB
- Frequency of Audit Annual
- Guarantor CoinShares (Jersey) Limited (formerly known as Global Advisors (Jersey) Limited)
- Guarantor Auditor Baker Tilly International Limited
- Frequency of Audit Annual
- Custodian Coinbase UK, Limited
- Frequency of Statement of Accounts Annual
- Market Maker Mangold Fondkommission AB
- Clearing House Euroclear Sweden AB
- Prospectus Approved By Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority (FSA)
- LISTING AND CODES
- Exchange Nasdaq Stockholm
- Country Sweden
- Trading Currency SEK
- Nasdaq Ticker BITCOIN XBT
- ISIN SE0007126024
- WKN A18KCN
- Bloomberg Ticker COINXBT:SS
- Yahoo! Finance Ticker BITCON-XBT.ST
- Settlement Period T+2
- Listing Date 18-05-2015
1 Currently, UCITS eligibility for delta 1 ETPs referencing traditionally "ineligible" assets (such as commodities) varies by jurisdiction. CoinShares has extensive experience with the analysis and approach taken by market participants on UCITS eligibility. While we cannot give legal advice, CoinShares is happy to discuss its experience in this space. If you would like to find out the details from this analysis, please contact us.
Fair Value Calculation
Accrued Fee Since Inception
Index Price - Fee
Last updated 2020-04-01 22:07:25 UTC
*Fair Value is not indicative of current market price; index sources listed in prospectus
Have more questions?
Click here for access to all product fact sheets.
Sign up for our mailing list to receive product news & updates.
Sign up For Product Updates:Subscribe