Users must accept these terms before they can proceed to access this website. By proceeding to access the information contained, referred or linked to on this website, users shall be deemed to have represented and warranted that the applicable laws and regulations of their relevant jurisdiction allow them to do so.
UK Investors - Self Certified Sophisticated Investor Disclosure
The content of this promotion may not have been approved by an authorised person within the meaning of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000. Reliance on this promotion for the purpose of engaging in any investment activity may expose an individual to a significant risk of losing all of the property or other assets invested. This promotion is exempt from the general restriction (in section 21 of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000) on the communication of invitations or inducements to engage in investment activity on the ground that it is made to a self-certified sophisticated investor. A Self-Certified Sophisticated Investor is an individual who has signed within the period of twelve months ending with the day on which the communication is made, a statement confirming that at least one of the following applies:
- The investor is a member of a network or syndicate of business angels and have been so for at least the last six months prior to the date of signing the statement;
- The investor has made more than one investment in an unlisted company in the two years prior to the date of signing the statement;
- The investor is working, or has worked in the two years prior to the date of signing the statement, in a professional capacity in the private equity sector, or in the provision of finance for small and medium enterprises;
- The investor is currently, or has been in the two years prior to the date of signing the statement, a director of a company with an annual turnover of at least £1 million.
I declare that I am a self-certified sophisticated investor for the purposes of the Financial Services and Markets Act (Financial Promotion) Order 2005. I understand that this means:
I can receive financial promotions that may not have been approved by a person authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority;
- The content of such financial promotions may not conform too rules issued by the Financial Conduct Authority;
- By signing this statement I may lose significant rights;
- I may have no right to complain to either of the following —
- The Financial Conduct Authority; or
- The Financial Ombudsman Scheme;
- I may have no right to seek compensation from the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
If, as a recipient of this promotion you are in any doubt about the investment to which the promotion relates you should consult an person authorised under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 specialising in advising on investments of the kind detailed in this promotion.
It should, in particular, be noted that the Tracking ETPs referenced on this website have not been, and will not be, registered under the Securities Act 1933, as amended of the United States (the "Securities Act"), or with any securities regulatory authority of any state or other jurisdiction of the United States and may include securities in bearer form that are subject to United States tax law requirements. Such Tracking ETPs may not be offered, sold or (in the case of bearer securities) delivered within the United States or to, or for the account or benefit of, US persons, except pursuant to offers and sales in an offshore transaction that occurs outside the United States in accordance with the applicable provisions of Rule 903 of Regulation S under the Securities Act or pursuant to another available exemption from the registration requirements under the Securities Act.